So long 2007, so long.
We got to see so much changes for what widgets where considered a year ago that it has been overwhelming how much thing changed in the span of a year to the widget market.
We sure cannot even being to predict what kind of wonders will bring the new year but i am sure it will be even more exciting:
Some of the things i expect to see are:
- Truly powerful and useful widgets thanks to Flex and Silverlight
- More blurring of the lines thanks to new hybrid widgets getting into the desktops thanks to the very same plugins.
- Widget as mobile apps getting noticed and used broadly
- Modular widgets implementations getting inside all kind of web services
- Widget support in E-mail
- Feedsync derived Widgets
- Google and Yahoo caving in and finally giving direct support for Windows Vista Sidebar
- Web to Vista sidebar and OS X dashboard in one click from all major distribuitors
- a war of universal widget platforms
- widgets getting into appliances, from frames to kitchen boards.
Seems pretty exciting things to look forwards, so lets see if i get them all right.
In the meantime have a awesome New Year Eve Dinner, make a toast for the future and then head on to it with glee.
Happy New year Everyone, Feliz AÃ±o Nuevo a todos from Widgets Lab.