A solution for QR codes in Android
Have you ever encountered a QR code while reading a website in your Android phone’s browser and been disappointed that you couldn’t scan it to follow the link?
QR Droid solves this problem and adds a whole bunch more features centered around QR coding.
This is a QR processor with these main features:
* Encodes contacts, bookmarks, applications, calendar events and free text
* QR Droid lists your contacts, bookmarks, applications and lets you browse or search them. After you select an item, you can choose exactly what information to encode and/or edit any info without changing anything in your real contact.
* Decodes images saved in your device or from URLs of QR images. It decodes from camera too if Barcode Scanner is present
* It allows you to shorten a long URL before encoding it. If a QR code has less information, more readers will be able to decode it
* Generates and decodes QR images in less than half a second
* Integrates with Browser, Gallery, Contacts, 3rd party file-explorers and more to encode and decode. For example, you can open an image in Browser or Gallery, select “Share” > “Decode with QR Droid”. Or choose a contact, select “Share” > “QR Droid” and choose exactly what info of that contact to encode